Sunday 5 April 2015

With the click of a button. If only!

Happy Easter Sunday. 

I have spent today researching Amazon Kindle Publishing (better known as Amazon KDP)and attempting to complete American tax forms, sorting out bank details to upload and attempting to upload my book to my kindle account. How surreal to see page 1 of my book as a kindle page, as my readers would see it. Thank goodness for previews  though, because the layout of the book was very poor (obviously my lack of experience in data formats and uploading criteria) and so I deleted the book to ensure that it will be a perfect piece of work for my readers but it was a very rewarding experience and a proud moment. I will consult with my allocated worker at Amazon next week to ensure the glitches are ironed out but all going according to plan I would say. 

My illustrator emailed yesterday to let me know that she has already spent 8 hours on my book cover and I am so excited to see her creations. 

I have also formatted the contents page today and created a final page which depicts my own personal message to all women, to affirm the message of the book, which is basically that recovery is possible, no matter how insurmountable you feel your circumstances are. Grit, determination, sweat and tears will all be involved in your journey but you can do it. Absolutely you can. Lets hold each others hands sisters. 

Word of the day: Taxes. 

I hope that the taxes I pay, from the royalties I earn from this book reflect the strength required from me to face the taxing ordeal, when I commenced this journey of recovery.  

I will now use my strengths in the kitchen to prepare lunch with the added rewards of sparkling wine and chocolate! It is after all Easter Sunday. 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig