Tuesday 21 April 2015

Editing deadline set.

My editing deadline is now set and I have spent the day finalising the last of the requests for product placement. Not surprisingly, the bigger the company, the harder to get a named person to take responsibility or to even get a reply. I am chasing my tail with some of these companies and again, 'note to self', avoid product placement as much as possible in your writing as it is very frustrating trying to get permissions. I have actually deleted a few companies from my draft due to these frustrations. 

I continue to get positive feedback from existing and new re-viewers and feel like the clock is on countdown now. I have an ISBN number and a publishing code for Amazon publishing and the excitement is building in readiness to upload my work. I am actually itching to start my next piece of work and can appreciate the bliss of having publishers to handle all of this peripheral stuff and allowing me to be creative, however, not having that luxury means I need to plod on and to be frank, it's a good base for increasing my knowledge of the publishing process, be that self publishing or via a publishing house. 

I have watched an interesting webinar today too and I enclose the link for people to view if you are an aspiring writer and wish to aim to get your work published.  https://www.bigmarker.com/janefriedman/How-to-Get-a-Book-Published

My word of the day is Efficient:I find other peoples inefficiency so frustrating and such a waste of my precious creative time, some companies have been contacted 4 times!, other companies say yes over the phone, some companies want so much more information than others and some companies don't know what they are doing at all and as I said previously the bigger the company the worse they can be! 

Their inefficiencies are having a knock on effect of preventing me being efficient. Arrrrgghhh!! 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig