Saturday 11 April 2015

Cover Girl

Well at last, I made it onto a front cover. A dream achievement for any girl I reckon, however, my cover girl image is so much better than your average cover girl, magazine shoot. I actually now have in my possession my own cover girl for my first novel, '23 days'. She shows intense pain in her eyes but she also shows determination and steeliness and she is so elegant and stylish in her fashion choices and beauty regimes. There is no baring of flesh, there is no provocative clothing and/or lingerie trying to sell her image, there is no sign of air brushing, cosmetic surgery or un-natural caked on make up. It is a perfect image with her only imperfections being those etched upon her heart and soul that she successfully hides from the world. She is truly beautiful and she is a true role model for survival against gargantuan repeated life lessons that are harsh. Just one of those lessons is beyond comprehension and survival for most people. She is a perfect beauty gala winner, she lives her life simply based upon kindness, happiness and laughter and her Karma finally delivered her a gift of calmer. 

The cover girl image was delivered by a young artist with great talent. Her work came to me by accident and screamed at me from her Facebook page and I had no hesitation in commissioning her for my first book cover and to be honest I hope it is a collaboration for life. She read my book and transferred it all into that cover girl image. There are many layers to the plot and the main character and Sarah said she used many layers in her creation. I am truly honoured that somebody paid such attention to detail to my writing, that she the took the time and care to transfer that into such a beautiful piece of art. I will be proud of both my writing and her interpretation of Fiora Burton for ever. 
As a writer I was stuck for words when I first viewed my cover girl image, it literally made me gasp. 

Visit Sarah Ollis's website and Facebook page by clicking on the link here: https://www.facebook.com/sarahollisillustration 

Word of the day Gargantuan: Life is a journey from birth to death and for some the journey is smooth and some the journey is a little rough, for others it is littered with heavy boulders to shift in order to progress and for others it is a continuous struggle from birth to death. Count your blessings whichever route your journey takes you, try and be grateful for the lessons each wrong turning provides and trust that each gargantuan boulder that you have to juggle or struggle with has been sent to you for a reason. Keep believing in your journey. Trust it. You are on it for a reason.       
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig