Monday 27 April 2015

Gruelling final shift

I completed my final 'writers' edit today in a mammoth, 13 hour shift peppered with many many breaks! It really is down to my editor now. 

As I read the final word I had written, re-written, re-written and finally re-written again over the course of the last four months I felt proud. I have cried, laughed and cried some more followed by hysterical laughing as I have written my book. Not at the process of the actual typing as I have voice activated software but at the content of my work. It was sad, funny, cathartic and downright hilarious, in varying degrees and I hope you will all love it too and spread the word about my words. 

The publishing journey draws near and the marketing journey is about to begin. I agree with the once wise words I read, that self publishing a novel is one third writing, one third publishing and one third marketing and I have relished all the challenges so far.

It feels really strange to say that my one third writing phase is now finally finished. It is like that 'first baby' feeling and I am so proud of my first literary baby. As I have done my thirteen hour shift to complete MY final edit today, I know in my heart that it is my best work. I AM sending it out to you all, my readers, as the best piece of writing it can be, within the knowledge base I currently have as a new author and I am far from complacent, in recognising that my work will be critiqued and lessons can be learnt by me, as I hone my writing skills for the rest of my life. I will continue to update you regarding the self publishing process and the marketing strategies and tools I will use to get the book out there to you all. 

Word of the day: Exhausted. I am exhausted but deliriously happy to know that any creativity from here on in will be in relation to new projects. Now that is such a fabulous notion. My ideas are brewing in readiness for the next project but in the meantime, I am a perfectionist and I will not be happy until the book can be delivered to you PERFECTLY. Nothing else will do. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig