Sunday 22 March 2015

Surreal Sunday

Today I have completed the back cover for my book which reads as follows:

After the realisation that her marriage was based solely upon a foundation of lies and the subsequent descent into a spiral of despair are seemingly too much for Fiora Burton to bear. 

Can she ever recover from the trauma? 

The climb out of the vortex seems impossible but Fi has a determination to heal without medical intervention. Her tenacity, sense of fun, positive outlook and her strategy to rebuild herself, result in a transformation both emotionally and physically. She even tests the waters of dating again, via the world of the internet and finds the man of 'everyone's' dreams, it would seem. 

Filled with trauma, angst, despair, emotional turmoil and physical decline Fi uses her love of music, good food and her gym regime to rebuild her body and slowly lift her spirit. With the support of her exceptional circle of girl friends, where belly laughing until she cries, is an almost daily occurrence, she finds a new purpose in life and a new life with a purpose.

"Wow, this book is amazing. Well written and the story is touching.
I found myself tearing up at points, especially the beginning, which is very relatable." (female 20’s)

"Really really enjoyed it, it's a really good read!" (female 40’s)

"I haven’t read a book for 28 years, since it was compulsory to do so at school. 
I couldn’t put it down, needing to get to the end which has some great twists." (Male 40’s)

"I can really see this as a movie." (Male 50’s)

Would you buy my book based upon that description?

I have then spent several hours sending out more product placement requests and it seems so surreal to be getting phone calls and emails back from companies such as Apple, discussing loading my book onto ibooks,the National Trust in relation to quoting one of their properties in the novel, Hermes who are considering permission to allow me to use one of their perfumes in the novel, to name a few. What an extraordinary Sunday but I feel it really is all coming together nicely. Only another 56 permissions to go!! I think I probably made a lot of work for myself as a new novelist but this is all part of the education to becoming a successful author! Maybe not so many products next time! 

Oh yes there is a next time, I already have notes for my second book. 

Word of the day: Relatable. 

I wanted people to be able to relate to the emotions Fi feels as she discovers the story unfolding before her is getting worse and worse. I also wanted her recovery to be relatable and for women to realise that there absolutely is a way forward out of such trauma and angst and so to have two reviewers tell me in different conversations that they find my book 'relatable' is a huge compliment to me. If I can help one woman to recover successfully from a similar experience then the novel has served it's purpose. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig