Friday 20 March 2015

Diary to a book launch


I have decided that as I am new to publishing, I am going to keep you up to date with the exact process I go through in order to achieve either represented or self publication.


Starting today I will blog my process on a regular basis so that you can all follow and/or be a part of my journey to being a published author. 


20/03/2015



  • Re formatted my novel following a 90 minute personal tuition session with an Apple employee yesterday. That is why I love Apple products, they have never failed to provide customer service that is second to none. 
  • Completed my personal introductory email to agents and the film company, introducing myself as a writer. Why, when and how I became a writer and what prompted the creation of this novel. Keep it succinct. No need for waffling on.
  • Sent email with a synopsis and the first three chapters of my book to my chosen agents. Just two at this stage.
  • Researched how to contact a particular film director. I have been very fortunate to have been told by three of my 12 reviewers that they can see my book as a movie! I take that from each of them as a huge compliment but I have a particular director in mind and if I don't ask I don't get. I searched and searched and searched some more and eventually found his agents and yes, I sent him my synopsis and first three chapters too! 
  • Researched successful self publishers and started a to do list to follow their advice including creating this blog!
  • Sent an email to my chosen artist re book trim sizing. Too technical for me to understand yet but all to do with the word length of your book!

I will also post a word of the day each time I blog, as I am after all a wordsmith and explain my choice in detail. 


Todays word is: 


Vortex: 


I used the word in my first blog post describing the spiral into which the main character Fi descends, following the discovery of the foundation of lies upon which her marriage was built. The force of the continuing revelations ensured that she remained in the never ending uncontrollable crazy making tailspin with seemingly impossible means of escaping the traumatic events that just kept coming her way. 


However, if you have ever been fortunate enough to see a vortex of water, it is one of the most mesmerising experiences to watch, but the speed and velocity confirm the almost impossible task of being able to climb out of such a phenomena. How did Fi do it?  
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig