Tuesday 24 March 2015

Dear Author,

Well today I finished the product placement requests.

Note to self: Dear Author, do NOT include too many products in future writing!

On a positive note, lots of yes's coming in. 

It's exciting to be getting shopping malls, fashion houses, small businesses, bars, pubs and restaurants, jewellers, perfume houses etc etc that are all familiar to me, agreeing to being a part of the text in my book and to have some of them commenting positively on the book too is very flattering. 

I have also had my first rejection today from an agent. Was I disappointed? Sure? but not for long. It is after all, somebody's opinion and I appreciate that they took the time to consider my work and if rejections were part of JK Rowling's early career and spurred her on with her self belief, then they will certainly be a part of mine!! because I do believe in myself and my work and I will be a successful author. I will make sure of that.

I feel like stage two of this process is almost complete and that is very exciting with the final aspect being the publishing stage.

Word of the day: Rejection. Never be afraid to try and fulfil your dreams out of fear of rejection. I had my work rejected today but I won't reject my dream. I will make it happen.   

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig