Wednesday 18 November 2015

Traffic building on Marketing Highway

I've had a good week. Everything is heading in the right direction with the cyber and marketing journeys. My google+ account stands at 4,600 views, my blog at 1,068 and my Instagram and Twitter accounts growing daily! I've had my first royalties notification and given that it was in $ then that is purely Amazon sales and not my own or other sales on Completelynovel.com and I saw today that there are now 7 book retailers on Amazon selling my book.

https://completelynovel.com/books/exactly-23-days 

I continue to get ONLY positive feedback which is so encouraging and this weeks has included: 'I have never read a book so fast, couldn't put it down' to 'I haven't done any bleeding housework this week because of your book, I can't stop reading it' to 'A...MA...ZING'. I have also had a book reviewer message me to say that based upon the blurb on the back of the book they would not be able to review it as it would switch too many PTSD triggers for them in terms of relationship issues and I guess that that fits in with the very first review I had, several months ago which said the first chapter made her tear up as it was very relatable! I like that my words evoke emotions be they tears or laughter and to be repeatedly told that my book is making people both laugh and cry as they read it fills me with pride, pleasure and the continued desire to write! 

The marketing journey continues though and I have continued to email, Tweet and Instagram details of my book to media people, concentrating on women's media based in the UK this week. There are so many magazines out there both paper and digital. It is so easy to get distracted reading, and so 
my focus for the remainder of this week is to develop a firm strategic plan for the marketing in order to avoid the distractions of reading, even if that is 'strategically planning the plan'. I look forward to the research but need to put the breaks on the distractions. I've got a destination to reach!

Word of the day: Strategic. Planned, calculated, deliberate, tactical, prudent, clever, shrewd, well though out. I'm onto it. Promise.




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig