Wednesday 4 November 2015

The checks before the cheques!

Well the launch date is almost upon us. 

Fabulous venue.... check
Catering requirements....check
Cake....check
Flowers....check
New frock....check
Shoes etc etc etc etc all checked. Final arrangements to be made tomorrow with the venue, speech written, re-written and yes re-written. I am a stickler after all. Gift bags containing signed copies and other goodies all done too. 

I feel nervous, excited, humbled a whole gamut of emotions to be perfectly honest. 58 people have paid to attend my launch event and I feel the pressure to ensure that it all runs smoothly but I have decided that as always I will just be me. I don't want to impress, I just want to deliver. 

Good food, stunning venue, a well prepared speech, spending individual time with my guests and hopefully a well deserved drink afterwards. That sounds like a perfect plan. It has been a long time coming. The date has changed 4 times due to publishing hiccups and at long last it is imminent. 

After Sunday is over and I can check my launch event off on my to do list I will then focus on researching and completing marketing tasks for the next four months at least, until the book has begun to increase it's ripple effect. If only it were as simple as the checks before the cheques but alas NO. It's not that easy, I don't have an agent or a publishing house behind me but in actual fact I am glad that I don't, because I want to do all the marketing tasks myself to fully understand what is involved in spreading the word about my words. Rather like a factory owner being aware of the menial tasks of his teams efforts, I want to know exactly what is involved every step of the way. I am an apprentice as a writer, publisher and as a promotor and that's fine by me. I'll keep on checking whilst I await the cheques. I intend to post images next week, as I promised at the start of this blog journey to keep you all informed of all stages of the publishing process and a launch event is crucial to the start of the promo journey. 

I also want to share with you today some initial feedback from new readers. These readers are outside of my review team circle and so their reviews are very touching:

1) 'oh my god, I can't put the book down' AMAZING!!, Female 74.

2) Just finished reading your book, wow Jayne what a story!!! couldn't put it down at one point...the book made me laugh and made me cry all the way through, well done you. Now get on with the next one.(Female 60's). However it would appear that the men are enjoying it too, describing it as very well written and phrases like, "I couldn't put it down!" More reviews are available to read by clicking on the link below.

You can get a copy from:

https://completelynovel.com/books/exactly-23-days 

and also from iBOOKS for iPad, iPod and iPhone.

Word of the day: Celebrate. To publicly acknowledge (a significant or happy day or eventwith a social gathering or enjoyable activity. Well I fully intend to on Sunday!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig