Tuesday 9 June 2015

Out in cyberspace at last

I feel the irony of asking the universe to help me when I needed it the most. When I was dead inside of me, numb, had nothing to give and wanted nothing from anybody else. I was reduced to nothing. I prayed to the universe to help me. It was my very last resort and on one particular day when I believed it was impossible to be kicked any lower I had the inspiration to write a novel. Why? I had never done anything like that before. I had written for children. I had written legal document for my job. Why an adult novel? I had no idea but I do know the the CREATIVE ideas enveloped me and within days I was sat at my desk taking notes, researching, compiling plot ideas, character lists, chapter titles and on 31/12/2014 I began and on the 18/2/2015 I finished. As you are aware there were re-writes, edits, re-edits, proof-reading, spell checking, etc etc etc. Then there was the typesetting, re-typesetting and file sharing in various formats. There was the art work to organise and the permissions to seek for product placements and then research and more research for publishing options which is very very difficult in a minefield of unknown territory without the support of agents and publishing houses. I have made huge huge mistakes along the way.I have made dozens of phone calls to Apple and eventually I have finally uploaded my book that I created in ipages, converted to ibooks author and uploaded via iTunes producer to the ibooks store. It is currently being approved by the powers that be and will be available for pre order on 22/06/2015 and available on ibooks from 26/06/2015 (54 years to the day since my mum died!) I had to honour her on that day. She would be so proud and despite the nature of her death she too was an incredibly strong woman. I am in awe of her and I thank her for my strength of character genes. I have dedicated my book to all women and I will soon be asking all my blog, Facebook and Twitter, Instagram and Twitter followers to be my book shop window and help me to sell my book to the world. I plan to spend the next few weeks concentrating on the paperback version, launching and marketing and taking a well deserved holiday but mark my words. There will be many more words when book two begins in September. Anybody out there thinking of writing and feeling apprehensive. Do it, pick up your pen, type away, dictate your words, however you chose to write. Do it. 

If anybody has any interesting tales they would like to share on the topic of kissing and believe me it is a wide ranging topic, then please comment below or email me on jaynelouisehiggins@gmail.com

Word of the day: Thankful. 

I am so very thankful I have been blessed with a love and passion for writing. I thank the universe for helping me when I needed it most and the thing I love the most, my writing, is now making it's way in the universe to be shared with you all. Yes I am very very thankful indeed. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig