Tuesday 19 May 2015

Who has the final word?

Who has the final word? Well today I completed my line edit and so I really have had the final word!

It has been a mammoth task going through my 100,000 word, 17 chapter novel line by line. A I have said before I am a perfectionist and it will only be good enough to send out to you, my fans when I and my editors are completely satisfied that there is not a grammatical or plot stone unturned! I, as the author feel I can personally do no more to improve this, my first novel. That feels like a huge achievement because as you write, re-write, read and re-read your work you can see the mistakes jumping at you to be corrected. I actually feel I am at the end of this books 'writing' journey and I am now ready to send it on it's publishing and marketing journeys. That feels good. I am itching to get to the same state of 'I can do no more' within those phases too. I really get that getting a book published is a third writing, a third publishing and a third marketing. 

I had a vision and I turned that into a reality and I look forward to what my readers have to say about this, my first novel. It has been a journey in itself. My late nights and early mornings, my liquid lunches as I couldn't bear to prise myself away from my desk, my research, my laughter as I voiced my typing through the software  and watched my laptop type, my tears as I did so, my conversations with my reviewers and my editing team, my changes of plot, my losing the plot! It has been incredible and if I never write another word then I can say that I have written a novel. Is there a possibility that I will not write again. Not a chance!! Books two and three are simmering in the research department of my mind! To all who have shared this amazing journey of words. Thank you.

Word of the day: Dream:

Follow your dream. Just do it. You really can do anything you want to. If your belief in yourself is allowed to grow then you can do it. Nuture that belief in yourself. Whatever it is, grab hold of it and never ever let go until you are satisfied, like I am today that you are ready to share your dream. I knew I could write a novel, I knew I could write a very good novel and I know that my novel will be loved by everybody who reads it. It is sad, it is hilarious, it is relatable and it gives us all faith in finding trust and love.    
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig